Shopping for a new mattress, topper, mattress pad, or bed-cooling system?
You've come to the right place!
The Best Mattress Reviews, Comparisons and Coupons
Over the past 6 years, my husband and I have reviewed 100s of mattresses and bedroom products sold online and shipped direct to our home.
Along the way, we've learned a lot about the differences between leading direct-to-consumer brands like Casper, Saatva, Nectar, Puffy, Leesa, Purple, PlushBeds and Nest.
Everything we've learned is documented in over 500 in-depth buying guides, reviews, and product comparisons.
We score & rate every product we review on the features that matter most.
My goal with this website is to help you make a rational, fact-based decision when buying bedroom products online – in 10 minutes or less.
What's On This Site
Not ready to buy? Then get our coupons and use them later:Send Me The Coupons
The Benefits Of Buying Bedroom Products Online
The #1 benefit of buying bedroom products online direct from the manufacturer is that you'll save money.
I'm talking 30-50% less than a comparable store-bought brand.
Tuft And Needle put together the following comparison chart explaining why online mattresses cost so much less.
As you can see, selling mattresses direct from the factory eliminates a lot of markup and middle men, which cuts a lot of cost out of a mattress:
This is why online-only bedroom products typically sell for 30-50% less online than comparable brands in stores.
Other benefits of buying your bedroom products online include:
- risk-free in-home trials
- better warranties
- wider selection of products designed to meet all kinds of needs
The direct-to-consumer movement is also having a huge impact on the traditional mattress industry, driving prices down and quality up across the board.
Even Sealy and Tempurpedic now sell mattresses online.
The Downside (Kinda)
The main downside to buying bedroom products online is that you can't try them out before placing your order.
To eliminate this concern, most manufacturers offers a no-risk free in-home trial. If you decide you don't want the product, most companies will let you return it – and you pay nothing.
Buying Online Isn't As Simple As It Was A Few Years Ago
Six years ago, buying a mattress or topper direct from the manufacturer was an easy choice because there were only a few brands to choose from.
But those days are long gone.
Today, more than 140 manufacturers sell mattresses online. Most offer dozens of products. That's a lot to compare!
This is why shopping for bedroom products online can be time-consuming.
My goal for this website is to help you find the right sleep/bedding product for your unique needs and budget – in 10 minutes or less.
And, of course, I want to save you beaucoup bucks.
What's On This Site
You'll find three useful kinds of information on this site:
1. Product Comparisons
For example, you'll find Mattress Comparison Tables for different sleeping styles, special needs & types of mattress.
In each table, I rate and compare the best mattresses on the 13 features to consider before buying a mattress online.See My Mattress Comparison Tables
2. In-Depth Product Reviews
Each product review on this site is a 5- to 10-minute deep-dive into one best-selling model. We spend a lot of time to address everything you could possible care about.
In each mattress review, for example, we cover the following 13 points in some depth:
- sleep experience
- sinkage and motion transfer
- technology, materials and construction
- social impact
- organic & VOC certifications
- shipping options
- delivery, unboxing and setup
- platform suggestions
- return policy
- and more
If you have a question about a product or how it compares with another, please leave me a comment at the bottom of our review.
In addition to mattresses, we review sheets, pillows, mattress pads, bed climate control systems, sleep trackers, anti-snoring products and more.Read My Mattress Reviews
Finally, we provide exclusive coupons on this site for many of the products we've reviewed.
Use them. They'll save you an extra $50-$1,000+ on your next purchase.Use My Coupons!
Online Buying Tips
Once you have a short list of products, let's talk about some of the things to you should consider before you place that order.
First Tip: Don't Worry About Buying Online
Trust me: you have nothing to fear when buying a mattress online.
In fact, I've learned that shopping online is the smartest way to buy a mattress – because you will probably save a lot of money and be happier with your final purchase, in the end.
I mean let's face it: you can't learn much about a mattress by sitting on it for 10 minutes in a busy store, with some high-pressure sales guy pushing you to buy.
In contrast, when you sleep on a mattress in your own bedroom for 100 nights, you learn everything you need to know. Enough to write a mattress review, even 😉
The Company Behind The Product
This is one of those important but silent choices you may end up kicking yourself over, a few years down the line.
The reality of the online mattress market today is that most of the companies that sell them are startups, with a very short history. Some of them have failed already, and more will fail. Often, their products have only been on the market for 5 years.
That's not enough time to know whether a mattress will stand the test of time – or if the company that makes it will survive.
I'm NOT saying startups can't make a high-quality, durable mattress. They most certainly DO.
Just that until more time passes, you really can't know.
So if you're down to a choice between two companies, go with the more established one. Just to be safe.
Return Policies: The Finer Details
In general, all of the companies selling mattresses online DO stand behind their return policies.
There are very few complaints online about people getting a bait-and-switch from any of the companies profiled on this site.
That said, manufacturer return policies differ in ways that might be important to you. The most important differences include:
- minimum trial period: several manufacturers require you to test their mattress for a minimum of 30 days before attempting to return it.
- mattress return pickup: if you decide to return your mattress, some companies offer white glove service where one of their employees will remove the mattress from your home without you lifting a finger; others ask that you do some of the work.
- return of accessories: be careful when ordering mattress platforms, bedding and accessories with your mattress, because these items may not be returnable with your mattress under the same generous 100-night policy.
In general, most online mattress companies offer at least a 10-year workmanship/defect warranty. Some offer lifetime policies.
That said, mattress warranties differ in terms of the financial protection they provide you over the life of your mattress.
For example, make sure you understand where your manufacturer stands on the following key warranty features:
- transferable warranty: is the warranty transferrable to a new owner?
- pro-rated replacement cost: does the value of the warranty decline over time? what % of the replacement cost does the manufacturer require you to pay after 3, 5 or 7 years?
- sinkage: some mattress manufacturers warranty that their mattress will not permanently deform or sink more than 1″ or 2″, or you get a replacement or your money back. Others are silent on this issue. You know which one to choose.
- stains and damage: some warranties only cover you if the mattress is returned undamaged or even unstained. This is especially true on low-cost budget foam mattresses.
Be aware that a mattress delivered to your home can incur three (3) potential shipping charges:
- the original shipment to your home. This charge is usually very clear. Most companies don't charge for shipping to your home, and the ones that do tell you what that charge is before you place your order.
- the return shipment: Make sure you understand whether or not the company will charge you for shipping a returned mattress back to the factory
- the replacement: If you decide to replace your mattress due to a defect or the wrong comfort level, then the replacement mattress has to be shipped to your home, too. This also costs money.
Shipping costs are typically $40-100 each way, depending on the size and construction of your mattress.
It makes sense to understand where you stand on all of the above before placing that order. Read the terms to understand who pays.
Get Another Opinion
Hopefully, you'll find enough information on this site to make a confident product selection.
But in case you don't, check out these other excellent bedroom product review sites for more opinions:
- Mattress Nerd
- Sleep Sherpa
- Mattress Clarity
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a mattress after clicking a referral link or using a coupon code on this site. That said, all content and opinions on this site are my own and are NOT affected by these payments.
This site participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
*Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
2 thoughts on “The Best Bedroom Products You Can Buy Online”
Thanks for sharing useful post.
Nice and informative post.