Suffering from sleepless nights because of loud or uncontrollable snoring?
The definitely consider buying the ZQuiet mouthpiece.
The ZQuiet mouthpiece is an FDA-approved anti-snoring device.
This dentist-designed MAD (mandibular advancement device) features a one-piece hinged design made from BPA and latex-free thermoplastic polymer. No acrylics are used in this mouthpiece, making it safe to use.
The ZQuiet is somewhat flexible and a lot softer than most other anti-snoring mouthpieces we've reviewed.
But perhaps the best thing is that it comes ready to use. All you need to do is insert the mouthpiece in your mouth before going to sleep – and that’s it.
The ZQuiet mouthpiece is available in 2 sizes. One extends your jaw by 2mm, and the other extends your jaw by 6mm.
The kit also includes a storage case.
ZQuiet also offers a 30-day trial guarantee with a generous return policy if you are unsatisfied with the product for any reason.
Pros and Cons
- Made from BPA and latex-free material
- 2 mouthpieces included
- Medical-grade materials don’t cause irritation
- Easy to use and clean
- Suitable for people with bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Ready to use w/ no special fitting
- Effective against snoring
- 30-day trial guarantee
- Jaw may become sore until you adjust
- Not suitable for dentures and weak teeth
- Needs to be replaced every 4-6 months
- Causes drooling
- May be uncomfortable for some
The ZQuiet mouthpiece comes with a set of features that make it highly effective, useful, and comfortable than its competitors.
Some prominent features include:
The ZQuiet mouthpiece is made from medical-grade thermoplastic polymer and lasts for 4-6 months.
This mouthpiece goes through rigorous testing to ensure its durability. And because it is durable, it is a great option for people who clench or grind their teeth.
It is also latex and BPA-free, making it long-lasting and safe to use.
The ZQuiet mouthpiece is made using soft thermoplastic polymer and features a hinged design that allows easier jaw movement vs. other anti-snoring mouthguards.
While other devices hold your jaw in a clenched position and restrict breathing through the mouth, the ZQuiet mouthpiece allows you to open and close your mouth, breathe naturally, and even talk or sip water while wearing it.
Tried and Tested
The ZQuiet mouthpiece has been through extensive safety testing and is FDA approved. You don’t need to have a prescription, either – it is available over the counter.
Ready to Use
Another great thing about the ZQuiet is that it comes ready to use, unlike boil-and-bite devices.
There is no need for molding or frequent adjustments as it is designed to fit almost everyone.
The ZQuiet kit consists of two pieces, each featuring a different level of advancement to suit the customer’s needs. Type A or the +2mm size is relatively more comfortable but offers a smaller degree of advancement.
If you continue to snore, you should go for the Type B or +6mm size as it allows greater jaw advancement and, in turn, a better airflow.
You can get this mouthpiece for a trial period of 30 days by paying the trial fee. If you are not satisfied with the device, you can return it without paying for the device within the trial period.
The manufacturer also promises a 60-day guarantee to enhance the customers’ confidence in this mouthpiece.
ZQuiet Mouthpiece vs. Competitors
ZQuiet mouthpiece is a great solution to overcome snoring; however, some models on the market give it serious competition.
Here’s how ZQuiet compares:
ZQuiet and other anti-snoring devices, such as SnoreRX, Vital Sleep, and Zyppah, all include mandibular advancement devices, which eliminate snoring by extending the lower jaw and creating space for better airflow.
All of these products are FDA-approved and readily available over the counter. Plus, they can last for up to 6 months.
One of the major differences between ZQuiet and its competitors is adjustability.
While most anti-snoring devices are adjustable, ZQuiet isn't. Instead, it features a hinge that allows you to open and close the mouth with the mouthpiece in place.
However, having fewer moving parts is beneficial, as there are fewer reports of breakage.
In contrast, SnoreRX has a boil-and-bite design and is adjustable.
Similarly, Zyppah requires a tool to manually adjust the device forward, and it has a unique tongue strap that helps reduce snoring.
Lastly, when it comes to price, the ZQuiet is less expensive.
Issues & Concerns
While the ZQuiet is durable, effective, and user-friendly, it has a few issues and concerns.
One Size Does Not Fit All
Though the manufacturer claims the design to fit nearly everyone, it does not.
You can file and cut the mouthpiece in case it is too big; however, there is no solution if it's too small.
Does Not work With Dentures and Weak Teeth
Since the ZQuiet mouthpiece engages the teeth to extend the jaw, it is not suitable for people with teeth problems.
You cannot wear this device with dentures or with sore teeth.
Similarly, do not use the ZQuiet if you have sore gums, oral infections, loose caps, or loose crowns.
Some users have complained that the ZQuiet mouthpiece causes excessive drooling.
How to Use the ZQuiet Mouthpiece
Since the ZQuiet mouthpiece comes pre-assembled, there is no need to make any adjustments. Make sure to read the instruction manual carefully to use it properly.
Here’s a brief overview of how to use it:
- Clean and inspect the mouthpiece for any damage prior to each use. Make sure the surface is not cracked or chipped.
- Brush your teeth properly to prevent tooth decay and maintain good hygiene.
- Insert the upper part of the device into the mouth and place it over the top teeth. Press it firmly to make sure the mouthpiece sits properly in your mouth.
- Now gently place the lower part onto the lower teeth. Press down on both sides for a secure and comfortable fit.
- The following day, remove the device by raising the lower tray first with your fingers. Then, remove the upper part of the mouthpiece and make sure not to bend or stress the trays.
- Clean the ZQuiet mouthpiece after every use with warm soapy water and a toothbrush.
Care and Maintenance
The ZQuiet mouthpiece doesn’t really require any special maintenance and can easily last for 4-6 months, given it is properly cared for and well maintained.
To keep the ZQuiet mouthpiece in top condition, here’s what you need to do:
- Clean the mouthpiece every day with warm and soapy water to get rid of any gunk.
- Don’t use toothpaste for cleaning since it can damage and discolor the surface of the mouthpiece.
- Make sure to deep clean the mouthpiece at least once a week using mild soap and a toothbrush. Shake off the excess water and pat dry the device with a towel.
- You can also opt for the manufacturer’s cleaning solution to rinse the mouthpiece thoroughly. The solution is chlorine and persulfate-free.
- Always wear the device on clean teeth to prevent gunk from sticking to the surface.
- Store the device at room temperature and never soak it in alcohol-containing mouthwash.
- The kit includes a safe storage case. Make sure to store the mouthpiece in the case when not in use.
- Brand: ZQuiet
- Made in: USA
- Weight: 3.21 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.7 x 4.7 x 1.8 inches
- Category: Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD)
- Material: BPA- and latex-free plastic
- Design: Hinged design
- Size: 2 sizes available
- FDA-approved: Yes
- Warranty: 60 days
Where to Buy
How the ZQuiet Mouthpiece Compares
Read our reviews of other Mouthpieces to see how ZQuiet compares to other popular brands in the market.
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a mattress after clicking a referral link or using a coupon code on this site. That said, all content and opinions on this site are my own and are NOT affected by these payments.
This site participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
*Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.