Leesa Hybrid offers the soft pressure relief and contouring of the Leesa original mattress with the added support and responsiveness of pocket coils.
Puffy Lux offers the comfort and support of the original Puffy mattress with an extra-plush feel and improved pressure relief. Puffy Lux is an all-foam luxury mattress.
What’s In This Comparison?
If you are looking for a luxury mattress that doesn’t cost too much, both Leesa Hybrid and Puffy Lux are great choices.
Leesa Hybrid, previously called Sapira, is the middle-of-the-road choice between the budget Leesa original mattress and the ultra-luxury Leesa Legend mattress.
Puffy Lux also takes up a similar position in the Puffy mattress line up. In terms of price and comfort, it falls between the Puffy original mattress and the luxury Puffy Royal mattress.
In this comparison, we compare the foam + pocket coil Leesa Hybrid mattress against the all-foam Puffy Lux mattress.
We compare the two on support, pressure relief, cooling and overall sleeping experience. We also compare their prices, trial periods and warranties to help you choose the best deal.
Leesa Hybrid vs Puffy Lux Verdict: Which one Should You Buy?[one_half]
I gave Leesa Hybrid an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5.0
BUY LEESA HYBRID IF:
- You want a medium-firm luxury pocket coil mattress at an affordable price.
- You want a mattress with excellent support and responsiveness.
- You are a hot sleeper.
I gave Puffy Lux an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5.0
BUY PUFFY LUX IF:
- You are looking for a luxurious memory foam mattress.
- You are a side sleeper.
- You want a memory foam mattress that will last a long time.
- The biggest difference between Leesa Hybrid and Puffy Lux is construction. Leesa Hybrid is a foam and pocket coil hybrid mattress while Puffy Lux is an all-foam mattress.
- The two mattresses feel different too. Leesa Hybrid is medium-firm while Puffy Lux is medium.
- Thanks to the pocket coil layer, the Leesa Hybrid mattress sleeps cooler than Puffy Lux.
- The Leesa Hybrid mattress is covered by a standard 10-year warranty while Puffy Lux comes with a lifetime warranty.
Mattress Construction Comparison
Leesa Hybrid Construction
- The Leesa Hybrid mattress combines memory foam and pocket coils to provide just the right amount of firm support, soft pressure relief and responsiveness.
- The polyester and Lycra cover is soft, stretchy and breathable.
- Below the cover is a layer of hole-punched responsive foam. It works with the breathable cover to dissipate excess heat from your body.
- Next is a memory foam layer that hugs your body to relieve pressure from your shoulders, back, hips and other pressure points.
- The Leesa Hybrid base consists of over 1,000 individually wrapped coils sandwiched between two layers of stabilizing foam. The pocket coils provide deep compression support, ventilation to keep the mattress cool and responsiveness.
Puffy Lux Construction
- Puffy Lux combines polyfoam and memory foam to provide a softer, more body-hugging feel.
- The cover is 100% polyester. It doesn’t have the same stretchy feel as the Leesa Hybrid cover, but it’s soft and breathable.
- A gel memory foam layer beneath the cover provides instant pressure relief and contouring. The gel absorbs heat from your body to keep you cool.
- A polyfoam layer provides deep contouring and some responsiveness.
- The transition layer is also polyfoam. It’s firmer and denser to keep you from sinking too deep into the mattress.
- The 7” base consists of high-density polyfoam. It provides deep compression support and keeps the mattress in good shape for years.
Comfort and Firmness Comparison
Leesa Hybrid Comfort and Firmness
- Leesa hybrid is a medium-firm mattress. The soft memory foam layer on top balances the firmer pocket coil base to provide the medium-firm feel that most sleepers find comfortable.
- We recommend Leesa Hybrid for most back and stomach sleepers. It’s plush enough to provide pressure relief but also firm enough to keep your spine and body properly aligned.
Puffy Lux Comfort and Firmness
- Puffy Lux is a medium comfort mattress. The ultra-soft memory foam layer on top gives it a softer feel compared to Leesa Hybrid.
- You’ll sink slightly deeper into the Puffy Lux mattress, which makes it a great choice for many side sleepers. It provides more pressure relief than Leesa Hybrid. Some back sleepers will also love the plusher feel.
- We do not recommend Puffy Lux for stomach sleepers and heavier sleepers. Get the firmer and more supportive Leesa Hybrid mattress instead.
Sleeping Experience Comparison
When it comes to sleeping experience, both Puffy Lux and Leesa Hybrid are great. The best choice comes down to your comfort preferences.
If you want a plush, supportive and bouncy mattress, get Leesa Hybrid. If you love the soft feel and deep body hug of memory foam mattresses, go with Puffy Lux.
Leesa Hybrid Sleeping Experience
- Leesa Hybrid is a luxury mattress. It provides a great balance of plushness, support and responsiveness.
- The pocket coils make the mattress more bouncy. If you want a mattress that’s good for sex or you simply love a bouncy mattress, go with Leesa Hybrid.
- Motion transfer is slightly higher than in Puffy Lux, but you are unlikely to be woken up by your partner’s tossing and turning. The individually wrapped coils keep most of the disturbance from transferring across the mattress.
- As for cooling, Leesa Hybrid is great for hot sleepers. The breathable cover, the hole-punched top layer and the pocket coils keep the mattress cool in any kind of weather.
- Another area where Leesa Hybrid is great is edge support. The coils keep the edges from collapsing when you sit or sleep on the edge of the mattress.
Puffy Lux Sleeping Experience
- Puffy Lux is a luxury memory foam mattress. It feels plusher than cheaper memory foam mattresses but still provides enough support.
- If you love the body-hugging feel of memory foam, you’ll love the Puffy Lux mattress. It easily contours to your body and hugs your pressure points.
- Like other all-foam mattresses, the Puffy Lux mattress has very little responsiveness. If you don’t like bouncy mattresses, Puffy Lux is for you. But if you want a bouncy mattress that’s good for sex, get Leesa Hybrid instead.
- Edge support in the Puffy Lux mattress is so-so. The edge of the mattress won’t completely collapse when you sleep close to the edge, but you won’t enjoy the same kind of edge support Leesa Hybrid provides.
- As for temperature control, Leesa Hybrid also has an edge. Most people will find Puffy Lux cool enough. But if you are a hot sleeper, it may get a little too warm.
Both mattresses are in the same price range. They are more expensive than most bed-in-a-box mattresses but are cheaper than comparable mattresses sold in big bedding stores.
Here are the latest prices for both mattresses.
|Size||Leesa Hybrid||Puffy Lux|
One interesting note about the prices is that Puffy Lux is more expensive for smaller sizes. If you are buying a Twin or Twin XL, you’ll save money with Leesa Hybrid.
Warranty and Returns
Leesa Hybrid Warranty and Returns
Leesa’s warranty and return policies are pretty standard.
From the day you receive your Leesa Hybrid mattress, you have 100 nights to try the mattress at home. You have to sleep on the mattress for at least 30 nights before you make a return.
Returns are free.
If you keep the mattress, you’ll be covered by a 10-year non-prorated warranty.
Puffy Lux Warranty and Returns
Puffy offers a standard 101-night in-home trial period. There’s no mandatory break-in period, so you can return the mattress at any time during the trial period.
Returns are free.
Puffy’s warranty is much more generous. They cover the Puffy Lux mattress for a lifetime.
Shipping and Delivery
Leesa Hybrid Shipping and Delivery
Leesa offers free shipping to all 50 US states. Free shipping includes curbside delivery.
For an extra $150, you can have the delivery crew get the mattress inside the house and set it up for you. They can also take away your old mattress.
Note: Before you pay for white glove delivery, check with Leesa whether it is available during the Covid-19 situation. Most mattress companies have temporarily suspended in-home delivery.
Puffy Lux Shipping and Delivery
Puffy ships the Puffy Lux mattress to all 50 states. But only the 48 contiguous states get free shipping.
At this moment, Puffy does not offer in-home setup or old mattress removal.
Where To Get The Best Deal
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a mattress after clicking a referral link or using a coupon code on this site. That said, all content and opinions on this site are my own and are NOT affected by these payments.
This site participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
*Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.