Comparing Saatva vs. Casper is a like comparing apples and oranges.
After all, Saatva is a foam-innerspring hybrid, and Casper is a foam mattress.
On the other hand, these two do share a lot in common with each other:
- both played an early, pivotal role in revolutionizing the traditional mattress industry
- both are great-sleeping mattresses delivered to your home, with 100+ nights to try it out
- both continue to sell fast, with thousands of happy customer reviews explaining why
- both cost about the same.
Casper was one of the earliest companies to sell a high quality, single-fit, low-priced foam mattress using the direct-to-home model.
Today, Casper is a large business with multiple products and a presence in many countries. They are known for their creative marketing, including a recent stunt where they setup an eclipse-watching camp in Casper, Wyoming, equipped with Casper mattresses and bedding.
Saatva is also one of the first bed-in-a-box innovators. Their marketing is decidedly lower-key than Casper, but the quiet truth is that Saatva sells one of the best innerspring mattresses we’ve ever tested. In fact, we score it higher than all other mattresses we’ve reviewed.
So, which mattress is best for you?
What’s In This Comparison
In this detailed comparison, we will compare the latest Casper and Saatva mattresses on a variety of factors including comfort, construction, support, cooling, warranty and of course, price.
My objective is to give you enough detail to make your own decision.
That said… if you just want a quick recommendation, then this is the mattress I prefer.
For more details on each mattress, read my updated Casper review and Saatva review.
Casper vs. Saatva: Which One Should You Buy?
I gave the Casper mattress an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5.0.
Buy the Casper if:
- You prefer a cradling, memory foam feel.
- You’re happy with a medium-firm bed.
- You want to save a little cash.
I gave the Saatva mattress an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 (the highest score on this site).
Buy the Saatva if:
- You want the luxury feeling that only a pillow-top innerspring mattress can deliver.
- You need a softer or firmer comfort level – they offer 3 to choose from.
- You plan to have a lot of sex. An innerspring bounce makes all the difference 😉
Keep reading to learn more about these differences.