GhostBed Classic is a bed-in-a-box launched in 2015 by Nature’s Sleep, a major bedding company that’s been around for more than a decade. It is a budget all-foam mattress that starts at .
Purple Original is a unique type of mattress that features a revolutionary new material that provides a truly unique feel. The startup launched in 2015 on Kickstarter and has quickly become one of the best-known online mattress brands.
What’s In This Comparison
In this comparison, we are going to compare the GhostBed Classic and the Purple Original mattresses on a number of features.
My goal is to help you understand how they really differ, so you can choose the best mattress for your needs.
If you are short on time, then use this table of contents to jump to specific feature comparisons you want to know about.
If you'd like to learn about other mattresses or see how either of these great choices compare with others, then check out my mattress buying guide.
GhostBed Classic vs Purple Original : Which Should You Buy?
We think the Ghostbed Classic is the best mattress choice if you sleep on your back or on your stomach and prefer a firmer feel. The Purple Original is the better choice if you are heavier, prefer a softer mattress or sleep on your side.
When it comes to price, the Ghostbed Classic is far less expensive than the Purple Original, but the Purple offers a unique body-adaptable feel that is worth the extra price, in our opinion.[one_half]
I gave GhostBed an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5.0.
BUY THE GHOSTBED IF:
- You prefer a firmer, foam mattress feel.
- You want to save some money.
- You sleep on your stomach and back.
I gave Purple an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5.0.
BUY THE PURPLE IF:
- You are open to a unique feel (that I love!)
- You don't mind spending a bit more.
- You want a softer, more comfortable top.
How Do GhostBed and Purple Compare?
- Both of these are technically foam mattresses and lack springs. Both use three layers in their construction.
- Both mattresses are also available in just one comfort level; medium firm.
- Buyers of both also get a 100-day return period (101 days for GhostBed).
GhostBed and Purple are actually quite different in terms of their materials in their layers.
- GhostBed uses latex and memory foam, while Purple uses a special type of material called Hyper-Elastic Polymer plus foam.
- GhostBed is the thicker of the two with a height of 11 inches. Purple is 9.5 inches thick.
There is also a big difference in their price tags.
- The most expensive GhostBed size, the Cal King, costs just a smidge above . Purple starts at $799 and goes all the way up to $1,400.
- GhostBed also has the longer warranty at 20 years, non-prorated for the first 10 years. Purple offers a non-prorated 10 year warranty.
|Size||GhostBed Classic on Amazon.com||Purple Original|
Purple offers 6, 12 and 18-month financing through Affirm (credit approval required).
GhostBed offers financing through Klarna or Zibby.
We currently don’t offer coupons for either mattress. But check out GhostBed for the latest discounts and offers.
Save $800 Now on Purple Mattress.
|Price||- on Amazon||$799-$1,998|
|Comfort Choices||Med. Firm||Soft+Firm Combination|
|Construction||Latex foam + gel-infused memory foam||Hyper-Elastic Polymer top + polyester foam base|
|Trial Period||101 nights||100 nights|
|Warranty||20 years (first 10 non-prorated)||10 years|
|Eco-friendliness||CertiPUR-US certified foam||CertiPUR-US foam|
|Delivery||3-5 days||7-14 days|
More Ghostbed Mattress Comparisons:
More Purple Mattress Comparisons:
Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a mattress after clicking a referral link or using a coupon code on this site. That said, all content and opinions on this site are my own and are NOT affected by these payments.
This site participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
*Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.